Social Responsibility at Spirit
The Foundation for Teamwork & Success
Spirit has seen remarkable success in recent years, and we know that our victories don’t come out of thin air – they come from the people we employ. We also understand that the more multifaceted our team is, the more agile, inventive and insightful we’ll be as a whole.
That’s why we’re determined to attract, retain and care for the very best team of diverse, experienced and passionate people.
To that end, we provide opportunities and training that allow our people to achieve their full potential – and foster an environment where every member of the team can contribute ideas, seek challenges and assume leadership roles.
We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the communities we operate in, and we strongly believe in not only giving back – but encouraging our team to give what they can too, whether in time or money.
Spirit will match, up to a certain dollar amount per employee, charitable contributions made by our employees to eligible organizations.
Our ESG subcommittees have organized donations and volunteer hours at several nonprofit organizations including United Way, Genesis Women’s Shelter, The Family Place, The Arts Community Alliance, Bryan’s House and Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute, among others.
OVER $166,000 DONATED ACROSS VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS in 2022
Including those focused on environmental sustainability, diversity, equity & inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe in the power of teams comprising varied backgrounds, worldviews and lifestyles.
It makes all of us sharper and wiser. We also know that competition for diverse and highly qualified people is at an all-time high, and at Spirit, we strive to create a working environment that’s attractive to a diverse workforce:
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Council is dedicated to:
- Bringing meaningful change to the society we work in as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion matters
- Bringing awareness and fostering an environment and culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Supporting Spirit’s leadership in developing strategies and best practices aimed at fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce through identifying opportunities to promote equity, social justice and inclusion
Caring for Our Own
Growth and success depend on teamwork and the individual contributions of our people. We support our team in a variety of ways – so they’re empowered to keep doing what they do best:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) and Roth Savings Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Bereavement Leave
Mental & Physical Well-Being, Workplace Culture & Social Engagement
- Flexible work schedules to meet specific employee needs
- Weekly delivery of fruit and vegetables to our office café
- Culture Survey administered by a third-party consulting firm
- Annual health and wellness challenge culminating in a 5K walk/run event
- Company-wide social events
- Super Bowl Luncheon, Crawfish Boil, 4th of July BBQ, Day of Giving, Employee & Family Appreciation Day, Thanksgiving Luncheon and more
Want to join the team?
Cultivating the right, spirited team is essential to continued success, and we’re always looking for smart, enthusiastic and passionate people. Think you have what it takes to thrive in our collaborative, energetic culture?